|In my April letter, I discussed our Clubs vision to be the “Best Club in Asia” and that the Board had initiated a strategic planning process. Both Todd and I believe that having a good strategic plan is critical for our Club. If you look at great clubs they generally have several common characteristics. These would include:
• Strong sense of purpose (mission).
• Continually strives to achieve its vision.
• Top management team.
• Well-governed with long-term stability.
• Financially secure.
• Well-maintained and properly funded facilities.
There is a common thread among great clubs that have these characteristics and that is that they typically have good strategic plans to guide them. That is why your Board has initiated our strategic planning process.
We need your help. If we are going to have a good strategic plan, input from you, our Members, is critical. Over the next few weeks please give some thought to the following questions.
• In order to be the “Best Club in Asia”, where does our Club need to be and what should it look like?
• What do our Members want from the Club?
• What is the Clubs focus? What are the things that are most important for the Club to be successful?
• What types of services and activities do our Members want in the future?
• How do we maximize the use of our current facilities?
• Is a second location necessary or desirable?
There will be several opportunities during the month of May for you to provide input into the planning process. First, every Member will receive a strategic planning questionnaire. Please take the time to review and complete the questionnaire. Our Committees are also a critical link to the Clubs Membership and will be driving the consideration of stakeholder input and development of strategies and action plans for their areas. Please reach out to the Committee chairpersons or one of the Committee members with your comments or ideas. We will also have at least two Members forums during the month of May. Please take advantage of these opportunities. Finally, e-mail either Todd or me. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. As I said earlier, your input is critical and the more Member input we have the better our strategic plan will be. We appreciate you taking the time to help make your Club the “Best in Asia”.
Your Club continues to do well. We continue to have a full membership and currently have fifty individuals on our waiting list waiting to join the Club. For the first nine months of our current fiscal year, we are slightly behind of budget for the year. Thanks for your continued support. If you have any questions or comments please let Todd, I or any of your Board members know. See you at the Club.