520 Love Science! Master Scientist Class (Density) – ages 10 to 12 (Cancelled)
|Date & Time:|
|Location:||San Francisco Room|
|Cost:||NT$900 (one adult and one child)|
Extra Adult NT$150
|Booking Starts:||Tue, Apr 18, 2017, 12:00|
|This event does not count toward your F&B Monthly Minimum Amount.|
Our ACC kids loved Science Class so much during the Winter Camp and the Dinosaur Tracks class and we received many requests about the Science Classes for different ages!
This time we will have lessons to teach children from 2-12 years old by three programs which includes some original songs, great stories and some really cool experiments for ACC child and parents to do together! Only 14 couples for each program, sign up soon!!
Einstein Program – Density
The theme for Einstein Club 2 is Density. Different materials have different densities. Explore how materials with different densities interact with each other and how density effects something’s ability to float or sink. This big concept is explained to our junior scientists through a series of really cool, hands-on experiments and our full color, take-home science notebook.
Einstein Club is for kids from grade 2 to grade 5+ who are comfortable in a whole-English environment. Einstein activities are geared towards elementary students, but older kids in junior high are also intrigued with these highly interactive, premium science club activities. We encourage parents to accompany younger children to help with some parts of the experiments.
Dr. Sparks teaches the junior scientists by leading them through a series of demonstrations, illustrations, and most importantly, multiple experiments.
- Density – Explore what makes something more or less dense
- Density Interaction – Explore how different densities interact with each other
- Changing Density – Change water’s density by adding carbon dioxide
- Liquid and Solid Density – Layer liquids according to their density.
(1) Water Standing on Water – Create water with 2 different densities and then get one to stand on the other without mixing.
(2) Lava Lamp – Use effervescent tablets to change the density of water layered with oil. Watch water’s position change as it becomes less dense and then more dense than oil.
(3) Density Tower – Create a 5 layer liquid density tower and then observe how solids’ densities control which layer they float on.
The Instructor – Dr. Sparks from Dr. Sparks Junior Scientist Club
Dr. Sparks Junior Scientist Club is a creative team of EDUtrainers who is raising the bar for children’s educational entertainment in Taiwan. We are creating music, TV shows and live shows for both native English speaking and local ESL kids. Children’s music composer and EDUtainer, Brian “Funshine” Alexander, and Kenn Sparkles” Loewen from World Family have over 25 years of combined experience entertaining and educating kids in Taiwan. Dr. Sparks Junior Scientist Club offers a multicultural understanding to all the shows and programs we create.
This is an interactive parent-child activity, so we require a minimum attendance of 14 Members (7 adult and child couples). The maximum attendance is limited to 28 Members (14 couples).
- ACC Member Only event.
- Please note this event is involved with outside contractors, so please understand that cancellations can be made no later than 5 days before the event day to avoid charges.
Sorry, but booking is disabled because this item is expired. If you have any questions about this please call ACC Member Services on (02) 2885-8260 or email@example.com.