2018 ACC Winter Camp Day One -Thu, Feb 8
|Date & Time:|
|Cost:||Single day Camp - NT$2,400|
|This event does not count toward your F&B Monthly Minimum Amount.|
Club’s Winter Camp with an Exclusive Program for children aged 5-9 years
Single day Camp / ACC Members Only
In addition to booking for the event on the ACC website, we will need all participants to fill out the Google registration Form with additional information required for each child Winter Camp Day Two.
Day One – Thursday, February 8
|9:45 am||Gather in the ACC Lobby|
|10:00 – 11:10 am||Basketball (ACC Chris/ MPSC 1F)|
|11:30 am – 12:30 pm||Radio Taiwan International (RTI) Explore & Radio Recording Experience|
|12:45 – 1:30 pm||Lunch in RTI|
|1:45 – 3:00 pm||LEGO Class (Chieng Leong/ N California Room)|
|3:00 – 3:15 pm||Snack Time/ N California Room|
|3:15 – 4:30 pm||Science – Water Filtration (Dr. Spark/ S California Room)|
|4:45 pm||Class Dismissed|
Need to Know
- Single Day Camp / ACC Members Only
- 10 kids are the minimum, if not reached, the whole day program will be canceled; 15 kids is the maximum each day.
- Not including instructors, we will arrange three (3) ACC staff members to assist in supervising the children.
- Please note this Camp is involved with many great outside contractors, so please understand that cancellations can be made no later than 7 days before the event day to avoid charges.
- For any class instructors who are only able to speak Chinese, the Club will have someone to translate into English.
- Please note that this 2018 Winter Camp will not be included under ACC’s minimum charge policy.
- In addition to booking for the event on the ACC website, we will need all participants to fill out the Google Registration Form that requires additional information for each child.
- Snacks will be provided to the children around 2:45 – 3:15 pm each day.
- Please be assured that the safety of your children is our primary concern but as many of the programs may involve vigorous activity, the Club has arranged basic insurance coverage for all participants.
- Parents are kindly requested to pick-up their children in the ACC Lobby at the conclusion of the day’s class. For late pick-up to cover the cost of ACC Supervision is No charge for up to 15 minutes late after the scheduled pick-up time; For each additional 10 minutes, the charge will be NT150.
- For more details, please contact Marcom Manager, Sabrina Chen 02 2885-8260 ext. 488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning basketball has never been more fun! This class will focus on dribbling, shot techniques, passing, and teamwork. Our basketball coach Chris has lots of passion and patience teaching sports. He has always been very popular with the ACC kids.
About Instructor – Chris Chen
Chinese Taipei Basketball Association Referee
Chinese Culture University in Physical Education
Chinese Taipei Water Life Saving Association Lifeguard
Swimpros Swimming Instructor
PADI Open Water Diver
Radio Taiwan International (RTI) Explore & Radio Recording Experience
We are so close but do you know how much fun our neighbor – the RTI is? Did you know that RTI broadcasts worldwide and is one of Asia’s oldest radio stations still in operation today, broadcasting news and programs in thirteen languages to the rest of the world?
We will invite the popular broadcast staff to lead kids to discover the “mysterious
studio equipment” and production process. All the kids will have a chance to use the microphone and hear the sound of their own recorded voice!!
MAU MAU LEGO Class
Playing with LEGO bricks is a marvelous way to stimulate young children’s imagination, by leading them into a three-dimensional production field. Learning by playing, that’s the concept we use to teach our children here. We also have special activities in order to welcome the year 2018, the ‘Year of the Dog’, by teaching them to build a “Firecracker”!!! Let your children come here to play and learn, to improve their creativity to the next level!!!
Our official webpage: www.maumau.com.tw
About the Instructor –Chieng Leong
Chieng Leong likes the interaction with children, because it’s an engaging experience that can introduce them into a unique learning environment that needs them to think, create and solve problems by themselves while playing, it’s a way to boost children’s natural desire to explore, learn and discover.
Science Class – Water Filtration
Water is all around us, but that doesn’t mean that we can drink all of the water that we find. What are the bad things in the water that we need to be careful of? Is there any way to get those impurities out so we can drink it? Every day, the cities of Taiwan filter millions of liters of water to make it safe for us to use. In this Water Filtration class, we will learn what is involved in making water safe and how the cities make sure our water is safe for us to use. We will find out what is inside our water and how different sizes of filters keep different unwanted substances out of the water. Our experiments will include testing a variety of filter materials to find out how to make our own water filter device.
Water Filtration Learning Objectives
Explore how our cities filter the water that we use every day.
Understand what contaminants can be found in water.
Demonstrate impurity size vs. filter size.
Experiment with different materials to find good filter materials.
Create our own water filtration device.
Sediment Filter – Learn how the Earth naturally filters water
Water Filter – Experiment with different items to create a water filtration system
About the Instructor – Dr. Sparks (Kenn Loewen)
Kenn Loewen has been teaching and entertaining kids in Taiwan since 2002. He brings his special brand of “Edutainment” to Dr. Sparks Junior Scientist Club. His activities are designed to capture the attention and imagination of his junior scientists. He walks the kids through fun experiments step by step, encouraging critical thinking along the way. It’s his belief that curious kids are the easiest to teach, and his science clubs are created to spark their curiosity. Dr. Sparks, showing you science is so much fun.