Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Live Updates
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Board and Management are continuing to monitor developments and taking all reasonable measures to ensure that the Club remains a safe haven and home away from home for our Members, their children and our staff.
We will keep updating the latest Coronavirus Precautionary Measures via the weekly newsletter on this page, where you can also scroll down to check the history.
(Recent measures in bold.)
- All family Members are required to show their membership cards when they complete the Member Travel & Health Self-Declaration form upon entering the Club’s lobby. Members who forget their card or use Easy Card for access will have to wait for verification of their identity through the membership database.
- No guests are permitted to enter the Club from Tuesday, March 17 to Tuesday, May 19. Partial lifting of Guest Ban will begin on Wednesday, May 20. The Conditions for introducing guests are as follows:
- Guests will be welcome from Monday through Friday inclusive but are not permitted on weekends.
- Members may introduce four(4) guests per family membership at one time – these may include family, friends, business associates, domestic caregivers and Member’s children’s friends. For example, a family membership with 5 members is limited to just three guests in total at one time. Guest cards will be handed out at the sign-in desk.
- Members will indicate that they are introducing guests on their Member Health Self-Declaration Form, which is being modified for this purpose, and will sign a legal representation that their guests’ Declaration Forms have been accurately completed and committing that they are responsible for their guests at all times on Club property.
- Guests will be required to complete a Guest Travel & Health Self-Declaration Form upon arrival and to show Club staff a form of photo identification, the number on which will be recorded on the form for COVID-19 case tracking purposes. These will be shredded after 30 days. Please communicate this requirement to your guests to avoid any embarrassment at the sign-in desk.
- Guests will be required to undertake the mandatory temperature check and government mandated quarantine and health self-management guidelines must be followed.
- Please note that management and staff are required to ensure that these conditions are metand have not been granted authority to make exceptions.
- The limit on the number of guests and the days which guests are welcome are to make sure we can maintain the government guidelines on social distancing.
- The check in procedures for guests are to allow us to continue our ability to monitor and track those who have used the Club.
- Future Events exclusive for Members, are: Hometown 4th of July Party, Summer Slide and Splash, and Kids Rule the Pool.
- Reciprocal Club visits remain suspended until further notice.
- Members who have travelled/returned from any overseas destination within the last 14 days will not be allowed to use/enter the Club until further notice, nor will any family Members who live with them.
- Members with cold or flu like symptoms must not enter the Club.
- Mandatory temperature checks: Please note that Club staff are required to deny entry to anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C or above and that Members and staff are required to follow this procedure.
- Members who have completed their 14 days of home quarantine or home isolation are required to add a further 7 days of self-monitoring and to wear a mask outside the home at all times.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are located in the entrance and throughout the Club (Scroll down to check the list of locations). Members are requested to sanitize their hands before entering and to frequently sanitize them during their stay.
- Suspension of buffets: The suspension of the Terrace and Sunday Brunch Buffets has been in effect since Monday February 17 and will remain so until further notice.
- To help preserve social distancing, group Fitness Classes have been capped at 10 participants – this has resulted in fully subscribed classes; so to avoid disappointment please book early. Be advised that enhanced sanitation measures are in place in all Fitness Class areas.
- Please follow the New Social Distancing Regulations (Scroll down to see the details), in keeping with Taiwan Government’s social distancing recommendations.
- Members who violate this ban or falsify their Travel Declaration will be subject to immediate suspension, as well their family.
Members visiting the Club during this period are doing so on the basis that they are following all government guidelines on quarantine and self-health management and their use of the Club is their legal representation to this effect.
The government has introduced new social distancing guidelines of 1 meter outdoors and 1.5 meters indoors. The Club is responding to ensure that the ACC remains a safe haven for Members, their children and our staff. Here are our initial measures to conform to the letter and spirit of the government guidelines:
Inside the clubhouse
It is not always possible to preserve 1.5 meters when walking down corridors, passing through doorways, shopping in the Market, etc. The government recognizes this and advises that people should wear masks in such circumstances. Old fashioned manners in terms of allowing others to enter, exit or pass by first can also help preserve social distancing in some of the confined spaces at the Club.
To preserve social distancing, certain tables will not be available for Member use and these will be discretely marked with “Reserved” signs. The outlet Manager or host/hostess will escort Members to designated free tables and table allocation will be done to maximize social distancing space.
The furniture in the Library has been rearranged to provide social distancing space. In addition, two of the computer terminals have been temporarily removed to create as much space as possible in this area. The Library couch has temporarily been moved to under the gallery opposite the ACC Market.
The Salon remains open and alternate rows of treatment chairs will be used to preserve social distancing. Members may not be able to get appointments at their preferred time so that these spaces can be preserved. Emily or May May can explain these and other measures that are in place to maintain the Salon as a safe destination.
Fitness Center and Studio Spaces
We ask Members to make all efforts to preserve appropriate space when working-out, to use alternate machines instead of adjacent ones and to follow staff instructions as required.
Fitness class sizes continue to be limited to ten participants.
Staff will be monitoring and advising on preserving appropriate social distance.
The pool remains in use with recommendations to maintain one meter apart for lane swimming.
Sauna, steam bath and indoor/outdoor Jacuzzi facilities
The maximum capacity for the following facilities – at any one time – will be:
- Sauna: 2 persons
- Steam Rooms: 2 persons
- Outdoor Jacuzzi: 3 persons
- Indoor Jacuzzi Cold Plunge: 1 person
- Indoor Jacuzzi Warm Plunge: 2 persons
The Club currently has hand sanitizing machines in the areas:
- ACC Market
- Hair Salon
- Outdoor Playground
- Nursery/Playroom Entrance
- Fitness reception Desk
- Fitness Center, Second Floor
- Multi-Purpose Sport Complex (Main Floor, by the squash courts)
- Functional Training Center (Second Floor, MPSC)
- Pro Shop
- Housekeeping staff are using alcohol to regularly sterilize door handles, railings and other high traffic surfaces.
- Fitness staff are regularly sanitizing handles on fitness equipment while class instructors are ensuring that mats, etc. are sanitized after each class.
- Toys and surfaces in the playroom are being sanitized twice daily.
- Mandatory temperature checks and hand sanitizing are required for everyone entering the Nursery and Playroom.
- The Nursery staff, Kitchen staff, Housekeeping staff are required to wear masks.
- Club staff will also complete an Employee Health Self-Declaration.
- Taiwan Centers for Disease Control
- Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Bureau of Consular Affairs, Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Weekly Newsletter communication:
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_May 29
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_May 21
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_May 14
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_May 7
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_April 23
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_April 16
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_April 9
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_April 1
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 26
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 19
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 17
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 16
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 12
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_March 5
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_February 27
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_February 13
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_February 6
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_January 30
- Coronavirus Precautionary Measures_January 23