2022 Fall Tennis Singles Championships (Expired)
|Date & Time:|
|This event does not count toward your F&B Monthly Minimum Amount.|
2022 Fall Tennis Singles Championships
Tournament Date: Tuesday, October 11 – Sunday, October 23
Calling all aspiring tennis champions, this year’s Fall Tennis Singles Tournament will be upon us very soon. It will be a great way to get out on the court and test your game.
You will have the opportunity to learn from the best, play against the best, and even make new friends along the way.
Trophies and prizes will be presented to winners and runners-up.
Categories: Men & Women Singles
Rules, Schedule, and Match format
Deadline for entry: 12:00 noon on Thursday, October 6, 2022, with the draw being held immediately after. Completed draws for each category will be posted on the notice board.
Each match rounds must be completed by the following dates
- 1st Round: Sunday, October 16
- 2nd Round: Tuesday, October 18
- 3rd Round/Quarterfinals: Thursday, October 20
- Semifinals: Friday, October 21
- Finals: Sunday, October 23 (Women: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. & Men: 1 to 3 p.m.)
* All matches will be played between the hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm on weekdays.
* Following the completion of a match, players will be given 24 hours to decide on a mutually agreed upon time for their next game. Schedules once agreed upon should not be changed. If both players agree, and the match can be arranged before round deadlines, players may re-schedule their own games without the assistance of the Pro Shop.
If parties are unable to reach a compromise concerning when to play, which in turn jeopardizes the rest of the tournament schedule, the following rule will apply:
Both parties may propose 2 (two) time periods that they are able to play and are then placed in a draw. A fellow Sports Committee member or a neutral member will be asked to carry out the draw. If the other party is unable to play at the drawn time, then they must forfeit their match.
- Of the two time periods, one must be before 6pm and the other, after 6pm.
- The two proposed time periods are required to be within the tournament play schedule.
- Within the “Round” deadline.
- A court being available.
*Please make sure that you are available to play on all the days of the tournament before you enter as matches will not be rescheduled for personal conflict.
*Tennis Manager reserves the right to revise the tournament schedule, including start date and end date of the tournament and dates of completion for each round, based on weather, number of sign-ups, and other similar factors.
Singles: All matches up to the final will play an 8 game Pro-Set with 7 point tie-breaker at 7-7. Final: best of three Sets with 10 point tie-breaker at one Set each (Best of three Sets may be shortened due to inclement weather).
Those eliminated in the 1st Round will be placed directly into a consolation event. All consolation matches, including Final, will play a regular 8 game Set with a 7 point tie-breaker at 7-7.
* Round-Robin match format will be adopted if entry received is 4 or below. A minimum of 3 entries are required for any category to start.
Referee: The Tennis Manager will be present throughout the tournament and will act upon unsportsmanlike behavior. An ACC Tennis Professional will referee the final matches.
Seeding: Players seeding will be based on the combined total points earned from the previous two ACC tournaments.
Late/default: A 15 minutes window for arrival to all matches will be strictly enforced. Players may notify the Pro-Shop if they are to arrive late due to unforeseen circumstances and allowances may be made if opponents agree.
Late withdrawal/no-show: Matches cancelled less than 24 hours before playing time and/or no-shows will automatically default and if it is a 1st round match, player(s) will not be entered into the consolation event.
Spectators: Under no circumstances are spectators allowed on court during play. Under no circumstances (except for emergency) should a player be coached, or in communication with a spectator during a match.
Unsportsmanlike conduct: Any player(s) deemed to have conducted unsportsmanlike behavior will be prevented from entering the next Club Tennis Tournament (either Fall Tennis Championships or Spring Tennis Tournament, whichever comes first).
Tennis Manager with consultation of Sports Director will escalate to the Sports Chair and fellow assigned Sports Committee for decision making.
The Sports Committee will have the final say in any matters deemed extraordinary that the applicable rules do not address.
*Open to all players aged 18 and above.
For more information, contact the Pro Shop at 02-2885 8260 ext. 368